Due to the pandemic, the Walk-in Centre (WIC) based at the Integrated Care Centre (ICC) on New Radcliffe Street remains closed until further notice to protect patients, staff and public.
The ICC now houses a COVID Assessment Centrewhich is open 8am until 8pm 7 days a week and cares for patients with potential COVID-19 symptoms. It also houses a Digital Hub which provides support to Oldham Care Homes and provides urgent care (within 2 hours) to patients referred to the service by a health and social care professional. Both services are by appointment only following a referral from a healthcare professional or NHS111.
If we are unable to offer you an appointment but you require urgent medical attention, you should contact NHS111 and, depending on your situation you will:
- Find out what local service can help you
- connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
- Get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
- Be given an arrival time if you need to go to A&E – this might mean you spend less time in A&E
- Be told how to get any medicine you need
- Get self-care advice